Trusts, Tax & Estate Planning
What are Trusts?
Trusts are a way of managing wealth either in the form of money, investments, land or property, for you, your family, or anyone else who you’d like to benefit. 'Trustees' are appointed when you put assets in a trust and these trustees then manage the trust according to your instructions, even after your death.
The following are forms of Trusts we can help you with:
- Provide for vulnerable loved ones
- Provide for children and partners from different relationships
- Ensure assets are passed on to the next generation
- Help your family by funding education for your children and grandchildren
- Reduce inheritance tax payments
We will work with you to provide a bespoke plan created just for you.
What is Inheritance Tax
People who inherit money or property from a person who has died have to pay inheritance tax. Estate tax is a levy on the estate of a person who has died
Our Inheritance Tax solicitors can help you plan your estate’s inheritance tax so your loved ones can make the most of your assets, wealth, and property you have worked so hard to acquire. Astute planning and expert legal advice are crucial to make sure your estate is inheritance tax (IHT) is efficient, particularly if you own businesses or foreign assets. We can advise you on how to take advantage of the complex web of IHT reliefs and exemptions and maximise the inheritance you pass on to the next generation. Our dedicated team of lawyers are recognised experts in all aspects of inheritance tax, including:
- Inheritance tax planning and estate planning
- Transferring tax-free allowances to wives, husbands and civil partners
- Non-domicile and international inheritance tax
- Lifetime gifts and potentially exempt transfers (PETs)
What is Estate Planning?
Estate planning is the process of arranging, management and disposal of that person's estate during the person's life and after death, so the estate is financially efficient.
We work with you to plan ahead as you wish.